Rose Parade Chronology



I was invited to ride on the 2009 Donate Life Float in the Rose Parade!!! I was incredibly honored to have been invited by Gift of Hope in Illinois...

Before I went, and while I was there, I created several posts at our blog, Revive Hope, about my adventure...

Here are links to those posts in somewhat of a chronology:








August 1, 2008 -- Light bulb, light bulb, pearls, pearls...
  • About my invitation to ride the Donate Life Float in the Rose Parade...

October 1, 2008 -- Stars of Life Twinkle (by Melissa...)
  • Among other things, about float rider and heart recipient, Bonnie Lundy...

October 2, 2008 -- Stars of Life Twinkle Part II
  • Among other things, about float rider Steve Ferkau (me)...

November 19, 2008 -- Who are they? (by Melissa...)
  • Melissa's post about the floragraphs honoring donors, that will be riding the float with us...

December 11, 2008 -- Dedications...
  • About the Family Circle Garden and our roses dedicated to Chase, Chloe and Kari...

December 18, 2008 -- What game?
  • A video post, and a regular post, about my seeming lack of understanding about the entire Rose Parade situation...

December 24, 2008 -- Christmas in California (by Melissa...)
  • This is Melissa's thank you for Steve being her "Santa" by placing Chloe's roses in the Familiy Circle Garden...

December 26, 2008 -- Roses and Robbie...
  • Christina helps coordinate rose dedications in the Family Circle Garden - this is about her brother Robbie, who was an organ donor...

December 26, 2008 -- Rose Bowl Tickets!!!
  • Pictures and a video about getting my butt out of a sling...

December 28, 2008 -- We're in Pasadena!!!
  • Arriving in Pasadena -- pictures and videos about our agenda...

December 29, 2008 -- Donate Life Float - Rose Dedications...
  • Pictures, dedications, and videos about placing roses in the Family Circle Garden for Chase, Chloe and Kari...

December 29, 2008 -- Aspirations... And fun...
  • About beating life expectancies, and having fun...

December 31, 2008 -- Dear Steve... (by Melissa...)
  • A little thank you picture from Melissa for placing Chloe's roses...

December 31, 2008 -- Ready to roll... Donate Life Float
  • A few videos and a post about the "Stars of Life Gala" and our dress rehearsal for the float ride...

January 1, 2009 -- I'm on my way...
  • A brief post before I left for the Rose Parade...

January 1, 2009 -- A lot more than I ever imagined...

  • A brief post after the parade - our float won the "Queen's Trophy" and I was a little too tired and overwhelmed to post...

January 4, 2009 -- Donate Life Float - Judging...

  • A fun and late post about Judging on December 31st, with an emotional video of the judging and the lyrics of the song -- "There you'll be..."

January 6, 2009 -- Parade Day!!!

  • A fun and late post with pictures and videos from the float during the parade!

January 8, 2008 -- Taking a breather...

  • A non-post, with a lot of pictures of so many of the people I met and became friends with in the short week of the parade...

January 22, 2008 -- Iowans, and half-Iowans in Pasadena...

  • Some of the special Iowans I met in the time surrounding the parade -- and one who went home and blogged about us meeting...