Revive Hope Hustle Posts





I contribute to a blog named Revive Hope with two other very special people. I generally post on Thursdays. Below are several posts over the past year related to our Hustle climbs or my team, "Kari's Klimbers"...






Jenn and Ted and I often post newspaper articles here about people impacted by organ donation – sometimes we’re lucky enough to post an article where we have an intimate knowledge of the people involved in the story… This is one of those times.
This is about her...




And about him...
And about a beautiful story written about both of them, and her family and her friends and published in a paper in her home town...




This is about a friend named John Allen who received two beautiful, new lungs like me - and how he came about being on my Kari's Klimbers team and Hustling up the Hancock with me...




Messengers of life... February 7, 2008


It all starts with donors, and with donor families… But sometimes donor families do not realize they are donor families until they meet one of these precious people… Someone has to tell them about the opportunity to save another life when they’ve just lost someone they love… Someone has to help them give a gift, if they choose to do so… And then another someone, sometimes on very short notice, has to rush out and collect that gift to deliver it to the life, or lives that family will save…


Climbing with Anne... January 31, 2008



This is about my friend Anne... She's a donor wife and an amazing lady and this will be her fourth time climbing with me...






And it's also a little about Lizzy...








#12, #8, #7, #3 and #2... January 24, 2008


This is a little post about Kari’s friends… It’s the first in a series about some of the special people who climb with me…





Leaping tall buildings... And hugs... October 25, 2007


This is a post about our building climbs and practice climbs – about meeting new people and telling them stories… And about why we climb…





My Hustle Teams... October 4, 2007


As you might imagine from the title, this is about my Hustle teams… It’s a letter to my past team members thanking them for climbing with me… And a note about being recognized, or not recognized… And there are links to about 100 pictures of the 2007 Hustle.




Happy Birthday, Jenn... June 28, 2007


OK, it’s not hugely Hustle related – but it is about meeting Kari’s friend Jenn and “running” with her, like she wanted to do at our first Hustle together… It has Jenn’s poem, “Talking to the Shadows” that I often use when I speak to let people see Kari through the eyes of one of her friends… Jenn is my friend now. We blog together at Revive Hope.


You just never know... Part II June 7, 2007


This is about my cousin Katie Kubski… My post contains an article Katie wrote for her school newspaper about organ donation, and about me and Kari… There is a little more about Katie and three other cousins in “You just never know…” below.






Stairs -- Just stairs... June 1, 2007


This is a post about climbing stairs with lousy, damaged cystic fibrosis lungs – climbing stairs with beautiful, new lungs… And climbing stairs with precious friends of the beautiful girl who gave me those beautiful, new lungs… You just have to see the picture in this post – it defines joy and triumph, and makes me smile.






You just never know... May 27, 2007

This is about my cousin Katie, and also about my cousins Lauren, Kara and Kristin… And it’s about not really being aware of the impact we have on one another’s lives… There is a beautiful, excited note from Katie wanting to join my team that touched my heart deeply…





My beautiful Lizzy... I'll miss you forever. May 17, 2007


And finally, this is about my friend Lizzy. Lizzy passed away in January, 2007. She had climbed with me three times and she was so very special to me. Like me, she had cystic fibrosis. And like me, she received two beautiful lungs from a very special person and family who she never knew… I will miss her forever…