Kari's Klimbers Team Events Signup Page


Links to three Chicago climbs are below. The "Hustle up the Hancock" has always been special to me, and has always been my focus. The Children's Memorial climb also has a warm place in my heart. I never really look to my team to fund-raise, though some of my team-mates have done a spectacular job of that! All three climbs are for wonderful causes. We prepare and participate in the Hustle with a little more intensity than the others. Just sign up and climb!!!





John Hancock Center / Hustle up the Hancock !!!

Join our Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago - "Hustle up the Hancock" climb up the John Hancock Center!
94 Floors, 1,632 Steps! (Half Climb Team Available Too!)
2009 Climb: Sunday, February 22, 2009
Registration Starts 8:00am on Monday, November 3rd, 2008
Note: Last year the full climb sold out in 3 hours! Software improvements should allow it to sell out in less than an hour this year...

In 2003 the "Hustle" was my first stair-climb. In the four times we've climbed the Hancock since then, we've raised $160,000 for the Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago. (Formerly the American Lung Association of Metropolitan Chicago)(Long story...) We were the highest fund-raising "family team" in 2005 and the highest team, period, in 2006. My team ROCKS! RHAMC has also helped with publicity, which allowed me to tell a lot of people about living with lousy lungs, organ donation, and about the beautiful girl who saved my life - which is so very special to me… The last few years, some of Kari's close friends from Iowa have come out to climb with me on my team. They are now my close friends.

Please Note: Do NOT sign up for the climb before 8:00 a.m. on November 3!!! If you do, you are committing to raising $1,000 for the American Lung Association as a Lung Health Champion.

Full climb registration on November 3rd is $110 with no further fundraising commitment.



Go to my 2009 Hustle Registration Information Link






Sears Tower / Go Vertical 2008 Sold Out...

Join our Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation climb up the Sears Tower!
103 Floors, 2,109 Steps! The World's Longest Urban Stairclimb!
2008 Climb: Sunday, November 9, 2008

What's not to love?!?! This is the tallest building stair-climb in the world. Almost 500 more stairs than the Hancock! This is for a good cause - How many of us don't have cancer in our families? And, with all of my immunosuppression, the likelihood of developing some type of cancer is much, much greater than most. (Yes, I'm helping myself here…)

My Sears Tower team page is here...


Instructions for joining my Sears team are here...


Aon Building /Step up for Kids - Childrens Memorial Hospital

Join our Children's Memorial - Kohl's "Step up for Kids" climb up the Aon Building! (Formerly the Standard Oil or Amoco Building)
80 Floors, 1,643 Steps!
2009 Climb: Sunday, January 25, 2009

On April 12, 1973, on the day of my 13th birthday, I was diagnosed with cystic fibrosis at Children's Memorial Hospital. They guided me and my family and gave us the discipline we needed to take care of me for the rest of my life. When I was diagnosed at 13, life expectancy of a CF patient was 14 years. Children's Memorial helped plant the seeds that allowed me to survive to four days before my 40th birthday. They gave me time to wait until Kari saved my life.


Join our 2009 Step Up For Kids Climb Team here



Information about stair climbs around the world:

Index of world stair-climbs:http://www.towerrunning.com/english/races.htm



Back to "Kari's Gift" page...